Home    Our Parish    Clergy    Newsletter    Stewardship    Festival    Calendar    Online Resources    Directions   
 
About Our Parish

The Church of the Annunciation was the first Orthodox Parish established in Rhode Island. It was founded by Greek immigrants in 1905 in Providence who rented various buildings for worship until 1920 when they erected their first church building at 265 Pine St. There were 127 families at that time. In the 1960's the parish had grown to over 300 families. Property at 175 Oaklawn Avenue, Cranston, RI was purchased and a new church edifice erected. The first Divine Liturgy was served in March 1968.

Today our parish consists of over 600 families spread throughout the greater portion of the state. We are a parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.

Organizations

Choir
Sunday School (Catechism)
Greek Language School
Bible Study
J.O.Y.
G.O.Y.A. (Teen Group)
Y.A.L. (Young Adult League)
Philoptochos Ladies Society
Senior Citizens
St. Symeon Play Group (preschool children)
Odyssey Dance Troupe
Library
Special Programs and Affiliation

Choir
AHEPA
Daughters of Penelope
Western Cranston Inter-Faith Dialogue
Hellenic Cultural Society of SE New England
Adult Religious Education
Annual Greek Festival
Annual Christmas Bazaar
 
175 Oaklawn AvenueCranston, RI 02920Phone (401) 942-4188Fax (401) 942-3020office@annunciationri.org
Church of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Parish of Greater Providence (c) 2004-2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Contact Web Master